*Updated* How to open Blocked, Banned YouTube in Pakistan and Download Videos 100% Working Tutorial: *Updated*
This is my second tutorial and I’ve put a considerable amount of time in preparing it so hopefully everyone will understand it easily.
This tutorial is about how to open blocked, banned or restricted sites like YouTube and then download the videos from YouTube.
Mainly this tutorial is aimed for Pakistani as YouTube has been blocked in Pakistan recently.
But other folks around the globe(wherever YouTube is banned) may find it helpful too. Hopefully!!
Lets Get Started folks..
1. Download the Hotspot Shield Elite 2.67.
There’s a file named Read Me in the Folder, you can read it and proceed as instructed. or Follow this Pictures aided easy tutorial.
3. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open file named “hosts” with notepad or any other editor.
4. Copy the Code given in the Read Me file and Paste the code just BELOW the last line of “hosts” file.
5. Save it by going to File> Save or pressing Ctrl+S. (You may have to save the file somewhere else and then replace the original file with this new one.) If successful continue to Step 6. If not read below lines..
>> If Windows does not let you save the file, or there is no “hosts” file in “etc” directory skip Step 3, Step 4 and Step 5 and proceed to Alternative Step. <<
Alternative Step: Replace the “hosts” file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc with the “hosts” file I provided. To do that Copy the “hosts” file from the setup Folder.
And Paste it into the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc directory to replace the already present “hosts” file.
Press “Continue” at the Next Screen which will popup asking for permission.
In some circumstances Win7 will still wont let you replace the file. So do these to get around it. Right Click the “hosts” file in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc directory and click Properties.
In the Properties screen down at the bottom there will be a option “Read only” under Attributes. It will be checked.
“Uncheck” it and press Apply and then OK.
Now you can proceed from step Alternative 1.1 to 1.3 to replace the “hosts” file.
If you still can’t replace the file and instead of replacing the file Win7 make a file “hosts-copy”, do this step. Delete the “hosts” file and “hosts-copy” file(if there’s any). And then proceed from step Alternative 1.1 to 1.3 to replace the “hosts” file. And Continue to Step 6.
6. Right click HSSE.exe in Setup directory and “Run as administrator” and install.
Proceed through the installation process. Uncheck the option “Launch After Installation” during installation process or After the installation has completed. Click or Press “Finish”
6. Restart your PC. (Its optional though in my opinion)
7. Last step and very important step. Press “Connect”, if it does not connect automatically, after launching the Hotspot Shield Launch Shortcut from your desktop.
The App will work like its scanning. On display message “Reconnecting to secure servers”.
Wait for the App to display “Connected” And eventually “Protected”.
And here you go folks. You are Using Hotspot Shield Elite 2.67 for free. Cheers!🙂
8. Now you can access YouTube in your browser. To download videos from YouTube, you need IDM. Download it HERE.
Download IDM, install it and run it. Now open any video on YouTube in your browser and there will be a IDM download panel on top of the video(it may be at bottom of the screen). See the screenshot below.
I’ve changed settings of my IDM that’s why the panel is in mini mode. You may see the full mode panel. To change settings(this bit is optional), open IDM, go to Tab Downloads>Options. And there at the bottom something like this will be written: “Customize IDM Download panels in browsers”. “Edit” it. On the new window choose mini mode or full mode.
Click the IDM download panel displayed in you browser on top of the video and select the video’s format(mp4 or flv) and quality(360p, 480p, 720p etc) in which you want to download the video.
IDM will start downloading the file.
Wait for the download to finish and Voila!! Enjoy!🙂
Do comment and give your kind suggestions to improve my blog and Tutorials.
Do like it. Rate it! Subscribe to my blog by Clicking “Follow” button in the right sidebar to stay up-to-date with my posts.
And finally folks, Do Suggest Humoom’s Fav to others. Share it with others.
And that’s all for now. Cheers!!
- How to open Banned YouTube and download videos (humoom.wordpress.com)
- India Ink: YouTube and Facebook Remain Blocked in Kashmir (india.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Iran Unblocks Gmail While It Figures Out How to Censor the HTTPS YouTube (news.softpedia.com)
- Facebook and YouTube blocked in Kashmir (csmonitor.com)