|TuneUp Disk Cleaner 2013|
The Recipe for a Clean PC
Symptoms: Your hard disk is clogged up by redundant data crud, you’re running out of free space for your important personal data and even your brand-new PC runs like it’s years old. But that’s not all – you’ll even encounter annoying error messages when working with Windows® or your favorite programs.
Cause: Windows® and your programs constantly save log files, “Most Recently Used“ lists and temporary data on your hard disk. Unfortunately, these unnecessary files and data entries are often-times “forgotten” and remain on your hard disk – forever! Over time, that leads to critical disk space issues and problems with applications.
Solution: That’s the perfect job for your all-new TuneUp Disk Cleaner 2013. In our internal tests, it performed 6 times more effectively than in our last version. Now, TuneUp Utilities 2013 removes the system clutter of more than 150 popular PC programs in just a few clicks. Or turn it on autopilot and let our Automatic Maintenance and 1-Click-Maintenance features do the cleaning job for you, regularly and safely.The all-new Disk Cleaner 2013 gets rid of system clutter and temporary files left over by Windows® and 3rd party software. Here’s an overview:
|Type of temporary data||Details|
|Crash reports („Memory dump“)||Windows® produces memory dumps containing relevant analytical information every time your PC crashes. In some cases, it’s your own personal information that’s being stored accidentally in these memory dumps.|
|Windows® error reports||Windows® generates a report whenever a program crashes that contains information regarding the nature of the crash.|
|Lost clusters||Disk repair utilities (such as Microsofts® very own Chkdsk) detect bad clusters and try to restore the damaged data. This recovery data is being saved as new files on your hard disk. Unfortunately, in most cases, these files do not contain usable data as the original information could often-times not be restored.|
|Installer files||Just by installing programs, you leave behind a lot of temporary files that clog up your hard disk. TuneUp Disk Cleaner 2013 cleans up Microsoft Installer (MSI) leftovers safely and reliably.|
|Cache||Temporary files that are „forgotten“ on your disk by programs and Windows®. This includes, for example, the font cache used by Windows®Presentation Foundation (WPF) programs and the bitmap cache of the remote desktop application.|
|Log files||Windows® and 3rd party programs often use protocols to record their operation which clog up your hard disk.|
|Temporary system files||Windows® and various other programs create temporary files to cache their current operations. These files can contain personal information which might not be deleted once that operation is done. TuneUp Utilities 2013 weekly Automatic Maintenance makes sure to clean out those temporary files on a regular basis.|
|Old backups||This includes restore points and Windows® Update backups that may not be needed anymore.|
|Thumbnails||Temporary thumb files created and displayed by Windows®-explorer|
|Recent files lists||Both Windows® and a lot of programs create lists of files you recently opened. And while that’s quite convenient, it’s also a privacy risk. If you want, TuneUp Disk Cleaner cleans this once and for all.|
TuneUp Browser Cleaner 2013
Get 25 browser cleaners in one
Symptoms: Temporary browsing data, cookies, and other leftover files are not just a privacy concern, but may also lead to browser crashes or errors when browsing the web.
Cause: Users tend to forget to clean out the browser cache or use the built-in cleaning features which mostly don’t clean as thoroughly as they should.
Solution: TuneUp Browser Cleaner, part of TuneUp Utilities 2013, quickly and easily protects user privacy, fixes problems when browsing websites and restores disk space by deleting data trails left over by more than 25 browsers, including Internet Explorer®, Google Chrome™, Firefox®, Opera, Safari and more. With features, such as Flash cookie removal and browser database compression, TuneUp Browser Cleaner not only offers 25-cleaners-in-1, but will optimize more effectively than each browser’s built-in cleaning feature. TuneUp Browser Cleaner cleans up…
- Cache: Temporarily stored data of recently accessed websites
- Cookies: Identification technique for websites such as social media sites or shopping portals. And while it’s a convenient method for tracking, it’s also a privacy concern. TuneUp Browser Cleaner allows you to protect cookies of your favorite websites.
- Typed-in URLs: List of URLs you typed into the browser’s address bar.
- Entries for the last selected download folder
- Stored passwords: Passwords stored in your browser
- URL cache: Cache for all previously typed in URLs
- Data base: Compression of the browser database
- Updates: Unnecessary update files (for example, from Aurora builds of Firefox®)
- … and many more!
TuneUp Live Optimization 2.0
Finds and Stops Performance Hogs
Symptoms: All your programs (browsers, e-mail, photo editing suites) take much longer to start and their performance slows down to a crawl. Browsing through local files is slow, and movies or web clips stutter when you watch them.
Cause: A program or process that’s running in the background consumes 100% of your CPU’s power. That could be a resource-hungry browser with dozens of tabs open or a process that crashed. A high usage of background programs lead to significant slowdowns of active programs.
Solution: TuneUp Utilities 2013 combines two technologies, Live Optimization and Program Deactivator, into one. The all-new Live Optimization 2.0 improves the prioritization process of all processes and helps you to stop resource-hungry processes. Here’s how it works:
- Detection: Live Optimization detects programs that you’re not actively using but that are taking up most of your CPUs power.
- Optimization: If a process is taking up too much CPU resources, Live Optimization 2.0 automatically balances resources more effectively. Programs that you’re actively using are now much faster again.
- Deactivation: Live Optimization also helps you to find processes that constantly need to be optimized. If you never use the program in question, you can easily turn all of its resource usage off using TuneUp Program Deactivator.
- Adaptation: Live Optimization 2.0 intelligently learns which programs you use regularly and guarantees better performance for your favorite applications.
Simply put, TuneUp Live Optimization 2.0 focuses your PC’s power on what you’re doing and not on what a program is doing in the background.
TuneUp Shortcut Cleaner
For a neat and clean-looking desktop
Symptoms: There are countless invalid entries and shortcuts scattered all over your desktop, Windows® and your favorite programs.
Cause: This occurs when you delete a file, but Windows® and programs still list it in their “Most Recently Used” lists (MRU).
Solution: TuneUp Utilities 2013′s Shortcut Cleaner turns chaos into order by removing unnecessary shortcuts on your desktop, in your start menu, and in “recently used” lists like songs played in Media Player or documents opened in Microsoft Office that were deleted a long time ago.
TuneUp Registry Cleaner
TuneUp Registry Cleaner
Symptoms: When working at your PC, you get countless error messages, performance is unusually low and there are constant delays.
Cause: Over the course of a computer’s lifetime, hundreds of entries are left over in the registry database of Windows®. These so-called values and keys refer to files, file types, applications, folders, or startup programs that no longer exist.
Solution: TuneUp Registry Cleaner solves these problems by detecting and fixing registry errors such as:
- Startup entries that a 3rd party application forgot to delete, which could lead to problems during startup
- Invalid file type pointers, which could lead to problems while opening files
- Orphaned entries within the list of installed applications, which could lead to trouble when installing or uninstalling
TuneUp Registry Defrag
Your registry inevitably ends up being full of “gaps” upon cleaning, or simply using your PC. Over time, the Windows® registry continues to grow and grow. TuneUp Registry Defrag performs complete registry restructuring and gets rid of all the gaps. This leads to fewer problems when accessing the database, as well as overall improved performance.
Edit the registry
TuneUp Utilities 2013 supports PC professionals with Windows® registry edits. TuneUp Registry Editor is more comprehensive and easier to use than Windows® own registry editor “regedit”. It includes an easy-to-use search function, as well as an intuitive “Favorites” function that makes it simple to edit permissions. It’s foolproof, too, as unwanted changes can be easily corrected in the TuneUp Rescue Center.
- Download the software from the below download link.
- Unrar(extract) it by using WinRAR, 7zip, WinZip or any other compression/extraction software.
- Run TU2013.exe and install.
- Close the program and terminate(kill) the process in Task manager.
If you are unable to To kill the process in Task Manager do this method:
1. Open Command Prompt i.e “cmd.exe” as “Run as Administrator”.
2. Type “Tasklist” without inverted commas. Now there will be a list of open tasks and services running in windows.
3. Type “Taskkill /IM Taskname /F” without inverted commas. Where Taskname is the name of the task you want to terminate. i.e TuneUpUtilitiesService32
4. OR Type “Taskkill /PID TaskID /F” without inverted commas. Where TaskID is the id of Task displayed in front of task name.
5. Type “exit” without inverted commas to exit the command prompt.
- Now Run Patch.exe and patch the TuneUp Utilities 2013. Cheers!
- TuneUp Utilities 2013 review (betanews.com)
- TuneUp Utilities 2013 13.0.2020.14 Latest Full including Patch (humoom.wordpress.com)
- Clean Up iTunes with TuneUp [Deals] (cultofmac.com)
- A Review of TuneUp for iTunes: A Digital Organizer for your iTunes Media (hypebeast.com)
- TuneUp Utilities 2013 Cleans PCs Six Times More Thoroughly Than Before (virtual-strategy.com)
- TuneUp Utilities Releases 2013 Version (ghacks.net)